LTC Assistant Position
LANGUAGE TECHNOLOGY CENTER ASSISTANT
Language Studies Program
NEEDED FALL 2018 (August 27)
Morning / early afternoon schedule - If interested please write: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Language Technology Center (LTC) Assistant assists students and faculty LTC users, maintains LTC facilities, equipment, and software.
Important instructional technology responsibilities (such as digitizing, film screenings or participating in language instruction projects) will be assigned according to language program coordinators' requests.
- Able to work several afternoons per week;
- Ability to work unsupervised and willingness to commit to the well-functioning of the LTC / instructional technology training of language faculty;
- Familiarity with both Mac and PC platforms, internet applications;
- Experience with software installed on lab machines (Microsoft Office Suite, Web Browsers, etc.), audio or video such as recording, filming, or basic video editing;
- Experience with learning management systems (Blackboard or WebCT) and multimedia applications (Photoshop, PowerPoint, Adobe Presenter).
- Organize and distribute mail
- Sort supplies
- Fill work order requests from faculty
- Ensure copiers / printers in Rome-327 and in the Lab are operational and replenished with paper
- Ensure the copy room and LTC have copy paper, staplers, tape and paper clips and are kept neat
- Other duties as assigned, such as book loan, material loan, and maintenance of material tracker database in the LSP share-drive