Student Library Assistant Position
ONLY first year students with a commitment of at least two semesters need apply.
The Student Library Assistant’s primary responsibility is to assist patrons at the Circulation Desk to obtain materials, give directional and functional information, and to assist in the opening and closing of the library.
Duties of the student circulation assistant include:
- Retrieve reserve materials, check them out and check them in.
- Re-shelve and re-file Reserve materials.
- Check out books from the main stacks and other libraries and check them in.
- Assist library patrons with photocopying, scanning and printing issues
- Answer questions about and enforce library policy, including collection of fines.
- Sort and re-sensitize carts of main stacks books for re-shelving.
- Assist in opening or closing the library.
- Refer problems and questions to the appropriate full time staff member.
Library Assistant is needed predominantly for specific shifts and weekends during this academic school year, so please include your course schedule and general availability. Please attach your cv.