Academic Affairs Student Assistant Position
The School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) Office of Academic Affairs is seeking a professional, hard-working addition to our team. The Academic Affairs Student Assistant will help facilitate the planning and administration of SAIS Summer Programs, which includes summer courses, a student exchange program, and pre-term.
HOURS: 8-15 hours/week Monday through Thursday late April/early May through August
Support the Office of Academic Affairs with summer courses, student exchange program and SAIS Pre-Term. This includes program coordination, event planning and logistics, student communications, and general administrative duties as assigned.
· Written and Verbal Communication Skills – Candidates must be fluent in English and have excellent communication skills both orally and in writing.
· Software – Candidates should have strong MS Office fluency, especially with MS Word and Excel.
· Administrative Experience – Candidates should have previous experience working in an office with the ability to multi-task and with strong attention to detail.
· Leadership – Competitive candidates will have proven leadership skills. Candidates should be willing and able to take initiative, propose new ideas, and take the lead on specific projects.
· Responsibility and Work Ethic – Candidates must be able to take on tasks with little supervision and take responsibility to see the tasks through. Discretion is also important.
· Professionalism – 2+ years of professional experience preferred.
Ideal candidates will be adept at communication, detail-oriented, and with strong customer service skills.
TO APPLY: Upload your resume to SEAL and email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and highlighting your qualifications.