SAIS Store Retail Sales Position Position
This position is responsible for performing sales, customer assistance, processing of merchandise and clerical duties in the campus bookstore.
- Retail associate will keep retail areas and supply room clean, organized, and maintain a safe work environment
- Stock shelves, counters, or tables with merchandise and price mark
- Follow opening and closing procedures for effective and accurate store operations
- Fulfill online orders through the Shopify system
- Sell merchandise off-site at special events and as requested
- Acknowledge and greet all guests, and handle inquiries as needed
- Operate gift shop and cash registers and assist customers by processing all payments and purchases
- Help customers with purchases by answering questions regarding merchandise
- Prevent potential loss by communicating issues with management
- Take inventory of merchandise twice a year
- Participate in inventory counts and data updates in the Shopify system.
- Updates social media and maintain blogs on a regular basis
- Maintaining store email by answering any incoming questions
- Communicate with guests in person and online, ensuring customer service issues are effectively addressed
- Answer and direct incoming calls
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
Knowledge of general office procedures.
Ability to follow verbal and written directions.
Working knowledge of retail store procedures and practices.
Ability to handle credit card transactions
Ability to follow directions, read or copy information correctly.
Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations.
Excellent customer service and communication skills.
Familiarity with the inventory process.
Ability to demonstrate safe work habits and safe use of equipment.