Student Library Assistant Position
Purpose: The Student Library Assistant’s primary responsibility is to assist patrons at the Circulation Desk to obtain materials, give directional and functional information, and to assist in the opening and closing of the library.
- Retrieve reserve materials, check them out and check them in.
- Re-shelve and re-file Reserve materials.
- Check out books from the main stacks and other libraries and check them in.
- Assist library patrons with photocopying, scanning and printing issues
- Answer questions about and enforce library policy, including collection of fines.
- Sort and re-sensitize carts of main stacks books for re-shelving.
- Assist in opening or closing the library.
- Refer problems and questions to the appropriate full time staff member.
Student Library Assistants are needed predominantly for mornings, evenings and weekends during academic school year, but will also have hours available during semester breaks and summer session.
Requirements: Strong customer service orientation and
interpersonal skills. Previous library experience a
plus. Work a minimum of 10 hours per week, evenings and weekend work required.
Preference given to 1st year students. Training will take place before classes begin.