Asia Programs Student Worker Position
SAIS Asia Programs is looking for a student worker to assist with a range of program activities, including:
· Coordinating development of our program newsletters (3-4 per year), including writing and editing articles, using Publisher and MailChimp to create documents and disseminating via Mail Chimp;
· Organizing and helping staff conferences, programs and events, including drafting and distributing event flyers, assisting with event organization and staffing.
· Updating our contacts database;
· Updating and maintaining information on the Japan, Korea, South Asia, Southeast Asia and Asia program webpages;
· Assisting with social media;
· Supporting program coordinators with office tasks;
· Providing some faculty support as needed.
The position will work under the supervision of the Associate Director and academic coordinators of Asia Programs. Strong writing/editing/communications skills required; experience organizing events, and familiarity with Microsoft Publisher, Canva, MailChimp and social media are helpful but not required. Work study status is preferred; an interest in Asia policy is a plus.
Up to 14 hours a week or as needed; $14/hour.