Writing Tutor Student Success Center Position
Student Success Center (SSC) writing tutors serve
as consultants to Carey Business School students by providing assistance with
presentation skills and all areas of the writing process, specifically for
business assignments. The tutor’s goal is to support the Student Success Center’s mission by
providing students with additional academic support in a professional manner. Tutors
do not edit or proofread papers, and instead elicit critical thinking, aiding
in students’ understanding of their writing. Tutors work with students
in-person and online and use various teaching and tutoring strategies. The tutor will also attend a mandatory
orientation and may be asked to proctor final exams and assist in the design
and delivery of periodic workshops throughout the academic term.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In-person/online Tutoring (90%)
· Provide students with assistance in all stages of writing and presentation assignments.
· Use various teaching strategies to tutor.
· Keep records of appointments and student progress.
· Attend a mandatory orientation.
Assist in the
design and delivery of group workshops.
Administrative Tasks (10%)
· Filing, copying, creating resources, updating marketing materials, and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Proctoring of final exams.
Supervision of Others: N/A
vast knowledge of English grammar and usage are encouraged to apply.
Must be able to
work on site and online, evenings and weekends.
Up to 20
hours/week depending on student and center needs.
· Pay rate: up to $20/hour depending on education and experience