MAGP Marketing & Events Student Assistant Position
Marketing and Events Student Assistant
The Master of Arts in Global Policy (MAGP) program at JHU’s Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) in Washington, DC is seeking an industrious and self-motivated student to help manage its marketing outreach efforts, social media presence and act as back-up support for special events. MAGP is looking to grow its online and local DC presence and we are looking for a student who can proactively engage MAGP’s web and local constituents to promote greater awareness for the program.
Prospective tasks for this position include, but are not limited to:
· Assisting in the design and maintenance of MAGP’s website;
· Researching and coordinating with local organizations where MAGP can hold marketing outreach and recruiting events;
· Posting updates on Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms to publicize MAGP’s news and events;
· Design marketing brochures, newsletters and flyers; creating content for MAGP’s blog posts;
· Assisting with MAGP’s internal and public events, as needed.
Desired qualifications include:
· Strong verbal and written communications skills and attention to detail;
· Good graphic design skills and proficiency in using various social media applications;
· Knowledge of website management and email marketing software a plus;
· Ability to reach out to new constituents (“cold-calling”) and represent MAGP professionally;
· Good understanding of marketing strategies and interest in international affairs a plus.
The position requires the availability to work for 5-10 hours a week during the school year with additional hours for special events as needed. The position requires an eight-month commitment (October 2019 to May 2020). Salary rate is $14/hour. Applicants must be matriculating Johns Hopkins University students and eligible to work within the JHU system. International students are welcome to apply.
Application Timeline and Instructions:
MAGP is accepting applications immediately until Sunday, October 13, 2019. All applications must be made via SAIS SEAL (search "MAGP" or “Global Policy Program”): https://www.sais-timesheets.net/
Short-listed candidates will be contacted for further interview. Please attach a CV and Cover Letter to the application. For inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Heading: Marketing SA Inquiry).