OIS Office Assistant - Student worker Position
The Office Assistant provides support to the staff of the Office of International Services. The following expectations specify the nature of the position. This is a part time position.
Qualifications:The OIS Office Assistant:
- Must be a current JHU full time student
- Be able to communicate and interact positively and effectively with faculty, staff and students
- Possess sound judgment and strong organizational skills
- Speak, read and write English fluently
- Ability to communicate in a clear and friendly manner
- Be familiar and have excellent knowledge with Microsoft systems including Powerpoint, Excel, Publisher, computer data entry, filing and telephone reception.
- Maintain enrollment in the minimum number of hours required by University policy
Responsibilities: The Front Office Assistant will:
- Answer the phones and greet visitors to the office
- Take complete, accurate, and professional phone messages.
- Assist visitors and callers by providing accurate information regarding OIS policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with the programs and services offered by OIS
- Data entry
- Perform varied clerical duties such as filing, copying, scanning/uploading, and running errands.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail
- Prepare outgoing mailings
- Be on time for work and work hours as scheduled
- Make effective use of work time
- Complete time sheets promptly, accurately, and submit them by the deadlines specified
- Complete all tasks assigned in an accurate, prompt and thorough manner
- Be receptive and sensitive to visitors and callers
- Refer problems or potential problems to supervisor
- Present a positive image of OIS
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Maintain objectivity and confidentially in all sensitive matters
- Be friendly to and cooperative with other University personnel as well as the general public