HNC Admissions Student Worker - Washington, DC Position
The Hopkins-Nanjing Center (HNC) Washington Office is hiring an admissions student worker based in Washington, DC for the 2020-2021 academic year. The HNC Admissions Student Worker will work closely with the Program Manager and Senior Academic Program Coordinator for the HNC Washington Office to assist with digital outreach, social media and blog content, and other administrative duties.
- Assist with HNC recruitment email campaign and online advertising.
- Write blog posts for the HNC blog about your experiences in Nanjing and DC, including academics, student life, events, etc.
- Conduct interviews with alumni and students for the HNC blog and Johns Hopkins SAIS website.
- Produce content for the HNC’s social media presence.
- Communicate with prospective students via email, phone, or in-person.
- Participate in virtual information sessions with prospective students.
- Conduct admissions interviews with HNC applicants.
- Support the set-up of the Lunar New Year Celebration and other events.
- Assist with various database management projects, such as the HNC alumni database, as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to share experiences at the HNC and Johns Hopkins SAIS with the HNC/SAIS community and prospective students in a professional manner.
- Willingness to independently develop and carry out engaging social media and blog content.
- Flexible schedule to assist with occasional afterhours events and/or information sessions.
- Must have completed and submitted FAFSA form by July 1, 2020.
- 1-year experience as an international student at the HNC preferred.
- Previous communications and/or blogging experience preferred.
- Strong writing skills preferred.
- Maximum of 10 hours per week at the SAIS student worker rate of $15.00/hour.