Admissions Ambassador Position
Office of Admissions: Student Ambassador
The Johns Hopkins SAIS Office of Admissions is seeking motivated and engaged MA students to fill several Student ambassador positions for the 2020-2021 year. The ambassadors will report to and work closely with the Associate Director of Admissions and Admissions Coordinator to assist with calling campaigns to prospective and admitted students, participate in virtual information sessions and selected virtual recruiting events. This position is flexible in terms of scheduling and one can expect to commit a maximum of 12 hours per week to this role.
Essential Job Functions
-Assist with information sessions, calling campaigns, virtual recruitment events and the Admitted Student Open House
-Occasionally represent SAIS at virtual recruiting events with admissions staff
- Assist Admissions staff with calling campaigns for prospects in December and new admits in January and March
- Assist with data entry of class visitation schedule, and connecting with prospective students virtually
- Other duties as assigned
-General knowledge of SAIS academic departments and campus resources
- Strong time management skills to ensure academic success and completion of Ambassador duties
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and current students
- An ability to work independently and strong project management skills, with minimal direction from advisors
- Commitment to one full academic year
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Strong computer skills and ability to learn new software
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this position, please send your resume with a cover letter detailing why you are interested in this position and why you would be a good fit for the SAIS Admissions team. This should be sent via SAIS-SEAL.
Any questions about the position should be directed to Madeline Satin at firstname.lastname@example.org