KDHI Research Assistant Position
The Korea Data and History Initiative, operated by SAIS’ Korea Studies Program, seeks up to three Research Assistants (RAs) for the Fall 2020 semester.
The KDHI Research Assistants will join a dynamic, Korea-focused open-source intelligence research team, helping to aggregate primary source information, historic and current, on the Korean peninsula. Qualified candidates are strong writers, passionate about history, experienced with data aggregating and analysis, and are motivated to learn more about Korea from new and unique perspectives. Korean language skills are a plus, but not required. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Curating, tracking, and parsing data on the two Koreas;
- Writing short briefings on leaders, government and economic institutions, and historical documents;
- Assisting in broader KDHI research projects and copy-editing;
- Summarizing the content of primary source documents on modern Korean history;
- Conducting primary source research using Korean language sources.
The hourly rate is $15 an hour. Ras will be able to work up to 10 hours per week.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Ross Medico at firstname.lastname@example.org.