Sr Research Assistant, Innovative Organizations, FPI Position
The SAIS Foreign Policy Institute (FPI) is seeking a part-time research assistant (RA) to join FPI faculty, staff, and consultants on a major new research project that is looking at organizational effectiveness in addressing complex problems and long-term thinking. The immediate context is with regard to U.S.-China relations, emerging technology norms, and long-term geopolitical futures.
Johns Hopkins graduate
· Strong interest in long-term thinking and complex problems
· Familiarity with think tanks and policy analysis community
· Creative, lateral thinker
· Comfort and ability working independently and in a team
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Adaptability; willingness to join a research project in its early, “start-up” phase
· Prior professional research experience (experience conducting research for a major publication or at a think tank is preferred)
· Impeccable sourcing and citation
· Cover letter
· CV or resume
· Please address the following question in 250 words or less: What was the most innovative organization of the 20th century and why?
· One past writing sample