Testing Support Coordinator Position
Job DescriptionGeneral summary/purpose:
position serves as an administrative support member of the University’s COVID
testing center team, to ensure that COVID testing is managed safely and
efficiently. This position provides
general administrative process support, scheduling, supply management, and
logistics coordination to ensure that Testing Centers operate effectively and
efficiently. This role will have
interaction with students and others who are required to routinely participate
in COVID testing (collectively “Participants”), based on clearly defined
protocols. This position may also
provide feedback related to masking and physical/social distancing practices
within the testing centers.
Specific duties & responsibilities:
*Must be able to work at least one full-day shift
- Greets the Participants and inspects their “campus pass” for a valid date/time and status. A campus pass is a digital screening tool that shows whether or not a Participant is showing symptoms that may be associated with COVID. Directs Participants to the proper queue based on the status of their campus pass.
- Assists other members of the Testing Center staff with verbal screening and temperature checks for Participants who do not have a campus pass.
- Assists Participants to download and launch the campus pass application, as needed and appropriate.
- Maintains the staff schedule via the shared calendar to ensure that adequate staffing exists at all times. Coordinates with the Testing Center Supervisor to address staffing challenges.
- Submits SAP shopping cart orders as needed, including coordination of delivery logistics.
- Organizes and monitors Testing Center supplies (medical and non-medical) to ensure that they are properly maintained and organized, while also managing budget guidelines and ordering protocols.
- Coordinates with the Building Manager on items that impact Testing Center operations, including broken equipment, tent damage, HVAC issues, waste management/sanitation, etc.
- Collaborates with JH IT to install and maintain hardware and printers located at the Testing Center location. Ensures that appropriate supplies are maintained to support all equipment and follows service request protocols to ensure efficient operations.
- Supports the appointment scheduling and check-in processes using the EPIC system for all Participants who are utilizing the Homewood COVID testing center
- Ensures that all COVID testing orders are properly linked to scheduled appointments within the system
- Prints specimen labels to efficiently manage patient workflow and specimen collection
- Interacts with Participants to explain the testing process, provide them with post-test instructions and direct the overall testing flow
- Collects, labels and stores contained specimens that are gathered through a patient self-swab process. This overall process follows clearly defined protocols to effectively minimize risk of exposure.
- Documents the specimen collection date and time in the EPIC system to ensure accurate test processing
- Maintains areas and surfaces appropriately to manage health and safety of all parties utilizing the Homewood testing center
- Works at the request of the Testing Center Supervisor to coordinate with Johns Hopkins University Transportation Services to arrange specimen transportation in a timely manner.
- Interacts in a polite and professional manner with Participants to advise them of operational PPE requirements and work toward achieving full compliance.
- Possesses a basic understanding of Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) compliance guidelines related to proper mask usage and social distancing and advises others, as needed.
- Ensures open lines of communication to share any thoughts or concerns regarding compliance challenges or considerations.
- Works with COVID testing center Supervisor and affiliated JHU leadership to perform all related duties as requested.
Minimum qualifications (mandatory): High School diploma or equivalent.
Preferred qualifications: see knowledge, skills and abilities
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Requires strong communication, interpersonal interaction and diplomacy skills. Must be able to effectively and appropriately interact with others in a poised and professional manner, even under challenging circumstances or when resistance is met
- Requires strong observation skills and attention to detail
- Requires general computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office software and related programs, as it will be necessary to document observations in a shared computer database
- Must be able to learn basic EPIC system functionality to ensure accurate data management related to testing protocols
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team, with limited supervision
- May need to work multiple shifts with flexible scheduling to provide adequate coverage for the operational needs of the Homewood COVID Testing Center
- Must successfully complete all required training courses to include: Electronic Patient Records (EPR), EPIC scheduling, ORMIS scheduling, and any other software systems, along with HIPAA compliance training and any other specified online courses.
- Must handle confidential information appropriately, with focus on all required HIPAA protocols
- Technical qualifications or specialized certifications: Must willingly participate in JHU compliance monitoring training course upon hire to ensure clear understanding of CDC requirements and JHU operational guidelines. Must willingly participate in basic EPIC system training.
Any specific physical requirements for the job:
· Ability to freely move about and remain mobile for an extended period of time (up to 8 hours)
· Ability to see within normal parameters
· Possible exposure to communicable diseases