SEAM Student Support Assistant Position
The Office of Student Enrollment and Account Management (SEAM) seeks multiple student employees to assist with services provided to students and their families in SEAM offices across the university. Hours vary and may adjust according to the student’s schedule. Students may not work more than 19 hours per week. Qualified students must be currently enrolled at least part-time at Johns Hopkins University. Candidates must be awarded Federal Work-Study grant funds for the current academic year. The student support assistant must have a pleasant disposition and a positive attitude. Application and materials due by October 15th. Interested candidates are required to complete the SEAM job application at https://saisdc.wufoo.com/forms/q1lw7z7l031ontf/.
Hours: Min 3 – Max 19 hours per week
Supervisor: Mekka Raqib, Student Support Manager/Lead Specialist
Available Work Location: Washington, DC campus (School of Advanced International Studies)
Job Qualifications: Enrolled at least part-time at Johns Hopkins University; helpful and cheerful nature; excellent critical thinking skills; ability to work calmly under pressure; excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; detail-oriented with an interest in serving customers with Student Accounts, Registration, and Financial Aid questions.
Major Duties, Responsibilities, and Required Skills:
- Serve as first point of contact for all visitors in the SEAM suite
- Manage the front desk and the walk-in process
- Provide general information related to student accounts, registration, and financial aid
- Instruct visitors on creating cases in the SEAM online form (iPad, QR code, Smart device)
- Field questions, resolve low-level student concerns, and refer persons to resources
- Provide timely, efficient, and excellent customer service to all visitors
- Assist SEAM support staff with various projects (events, research, compiling data)
- Collect documents for SEAM office (required forms for processing)
- Exhibit strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Maintain confidentiality of records and privacy for sensitive information
Please upload resume and cover letter to the application. Cover letter must include your career objectives, reason of interest in position, and three personal core values that enhance your outlook on providing service to others (no more than 300 words).
SEAM Office Location and Hours of Operation:
Washington, D.C. Campus
School of Advanced International Studies
1740 Massachusetts Ave NW?
Washington, D.C. 20036?
Monday – Friday | 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.