Teaching Assistant (Remote) - Masters of Arts in Sustainable Energy (MASE) Position Position
The SAIS Master of Arts in Sustainable Energy (MASE) program is hiring Teaching Assistant(s) to support upcoming courses. The TA’s goal is to support the success of the class and students by providing students with additional academic support in a professional manner. The TA assists students in understanding content by using various teaching/tutoring strategies. Master’s and doctoral students are encouraged to apply with preference given to qualified doctoral students.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Evaluates student performance, including assignments, papers, and exams.
- Receives and promptly responds to student inquiries regarding grades, assignments, and course material.
- Plans, schedules, and facilitates weekly online TA sessions.
- Meets regularly with instructor to discuss assignments and classroom issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned per instructor needs.
Expectations & Additional Information:
· Courses are offered continuously throughout the academic year for the MASE program, including summer.
· Successful candidates will be prepared to TA for a minimum of three consecutive semesters/sessions beginning in January 2022.
· TAs are expected to attend all online MASE classes on Wednesdays, from 6-7PM, to support instructors.
· TAs will be trained to use the grade center in the Learning Management System (e.g., Blackboard, Canvas,) in support of program professors and students.
· TAs will work roughly 8-12 hours per week depending on the course and instructor needs.
· Opportunities to work with the program professors and staff at the DC campus for short academic workshops will occur twice a year—in late spring and late summer.