Language Tutors Position
Language Studies Program is looking for World Language tutors in the following
Arabic, Chinese, French, Japanese, Russian and Spanish.
World Language tutors assist students with their basic language skills by leading conversational sessions and providing grammar feedback on the students’ oral interactions. World language tutors must be native or near-native speakers of their language of instruction. Tutors are not responsible for correcting language assignments.
• Previous experience as
language teacher preferred
• Familiarity with formal grammar in their language of instruction
• Individual and small group practice of grammar and conversation
• Explain a target language concept in many different ways based on the student’s level and comprehension
• Student workers must
be enrolled full-time at Johns Hopkins University
• Per Johns Hopkins University guidelines, all student workers must currently be residing in the U.S. to work remotely at the SAIS DC campus
• Work hours are
flexible, ranging from 2 - 4 hours per week at a rate of $18.00/hour.
• Tutors will work remotely when the SAIS DC campus is closed for virtual/online instruction