HNC Student Ambassador Position
Hopkins-Nanjing Center Student Ambassadors- Nanjing, China
The Hopkins-Nanjing Center (HNC) is hiring 1-2 Student Ambassadors for the 2020-2021 academic year! Student Ambassadors work closely with the HNC American administration to receive and host in-person visitors to the HNC, as well as participate in and help lead virtual events and information sessions. This position is for effective communicators who enjoy meeting new people, both virtually and in-person. Aside from larger planned events, student visits and online sessions are sometimes planned on relatively short notice throughout the fall and spring semesters. Therefore, flexibility, organization, and a problem-solving mentality are required to succeed.
Prospective students communications:
- Represent the HNC in a professional and friendly manner to prospective students.
- Coordinate in-person visits, virtual meetings, and talks with prospective students; aspects include working with the administration to set up course observations, information sessions and informal meet and greets with prospective students.
- Share your perspective and experience as a student and answer prospective student questions.
- Communicate with prospective students and applicants via email, Zoom, WeChat, and/or phone calls throughout the application cycle, in coordination with the HNC Washington Office.
Group visits, prospective student open houses:
- We hold two open houses for prospective students, during fall and spring semesters. The fall open house, typically the second weekend in November, is targeted toward international prospective students studying in China. The spring open house targets students already admitted to the HNC and currently studying in China.
- Student ambassadors work with the American administration to coordinate one open house each semester, with students taking the lead role in execution of event.
- Assist HNC administration in hosting visiting groups to the HNC. Tasks may include being present for tours, acting as a guide, taking photos, and accompanying groups outside of the Center around Nanjing.
Photography and reporting:
- Writing summaries of events and guest lectures.
- Taking photos to share with HNC DC marketing team when appropriate.
- May be asked to contribute blog posts for the HNC blog about your experience as an HNC student, including academics, student life, events, etc.
- Must have completed and submitted FAFSA information by July 1 (https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa)
- Previous communications, events hosting, and/or customer service experience preferred
- Strong writing skills preferred, photography skills are a plus
- Adaptable and willing to take initiative and accept new responsibilities should they arise
- Enthusiastic about the HNC!
Time Commitment: 5-10 hours per week at the SAIS student worker rate of $15.00/hour
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter through SAIS SEAL or email the documents to Amanda Bogan (firstname.lastname@example.org) by July 15 at 17:00. Please include your availability for an interview on July 16 or 17.