Teaching Assistant - Online Programs Position
The SAIS Master of Arts in Sustainable Energy (MASE) program is hiring Teaching Assistant(s) to support upcoming courses. Qualified candidates should be advanced students in the ERE program, and preferably have some work experience in the energy and environment field. Successful candidates must have the confidence to assist students with assignments in a variety of fields related to energy and environment, possibly including oil, gas, or electricity, water, transportation, pollution, industry and agriculture, and economic development. The TA’s goal is to support the success of the class and students by providing students with additional academic support in a professional manner. The TA assists students in understanding content by using various teaching/tutoring strategies.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Evaluates student performance, including assignments, papers, and exams.
- Receives and promptly responds to student inquiries regarding grades, assignments, and course material.
- Plans, schedules, and facilitates online TA sessions.
- Meets regularly with instructor to discuss assignments and classroom issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned per instructor needs.