Teaching Assistant (Remote) - Masters of Arts in Global Risk Program (MAGR) Position
The SAIS Online Master of Arts in Global Risk (MAGR) is hiring Teaching Assistant(s) to support fully online courses. The TA’s goal is to support the success of the class and students by providing students with additional academic support in a professional manner. The TA assists students in understanding content by using various teaching/tutoring strategies. This position is virtual. Work authorization requires that the virtual location must be within the United States.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Evaluates student performance, including assignments, papers, and exams.
- Assist in moderating discussion boards.
- Receives and promptly responds to student inquiries regarding grades, assignments, and course material.
- Plans, schedules, and facilitates online TA sessions (evenings and weekend availability desired)
- Meets regularly with instructor to discuss assignments and classroom issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned per instructor needs.
- Approximately 15 hours each week
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Completion of Master’s degree or working towards completion of a Master’s degree is required.
- Doctoral student in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, or other similar program.
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with diverse populations.
- High level of comfort with technology and online course format.
- Expertise in the following content areas: Statistics, Economics, International Trade, Quantitative Methods, Risk Assessment
- Technical Skills: Advanced Excel, Stata and R Programing (R Studio)